ALCOHOLISM AND HOW HOMOEOPATHY HELPS?
Alcohol when taken in limits does not cause any disturbance. A casual drink once in a while with family or friends is fine but if it gets out of control and the person starts craving more for it, then it becomes an addiction. Addiction may further proceed towards alcohol abuse where a person despite of negative consequences occurring in his family or professional life cannot stop taking it. This condition if it proceeds for several days will definitely show some impact on the person’s health.
Alcohol tolerance capacity and control differs from person to person. Although it is hard to differentiate between casual alcohol intake and addiction, we can find some hints that will help us in identifying the condition.
- Craving for more alcohol
- Increased tolerance capacity
- Preferring company who takes more alcohol
- Avoiding instances where there is no alcohol
- Lack of focus in personal and professional aspects
- Gradually becoming aloof and turning into depression or develop anger issues
- Lacks control of situations
So now we can identify the person turning towards addiction. Now let us know more about how it starts impacting the person’s health.
- Lethargy and dullness
- Increased euphoria after consumption and weakness later on
- Liver complications which may express in the form of indigestion, bloating and heaviness etc.
- Sexual problems
- Decreased immunity and high infection rates
- Complications may occur in the form of diabetes and hypertension
- Sleeplessness or excess sleepiness
- Anger, rage and disinterest in work
- Headaches, body pains, tremors, etc. may develop due to disturbance in daily routine
This is the stage where one should start reverting back to normal, otherwise this addiction may take a toll in effecting the entire family atmosphere and personal health. It is always suggestible to start the therapy as soon as possible. The therapy includes counselling, abstinence from alcohol and medication. It is always good if the person is willing to take the therapy on his own rather than giving it secretly.
Counselling is a must in de addiction programme. It begins with a personal talk with the patient and the family. Initially the therapist understands the factors that initiated alcohol intake, frequency, symptoms if any, withdrawal symptoms and family circumstances. Later on, counselling will be done accordingly.
Next step is abstinence from alcohol. In order to do this, therapist will suggest some tips to minimize the desire for having alcohol which includes the following measures
- Avoiding company or circumstances which provoke alcohol intake
- Setting drinking limits and gradually tapering it
- Not stocking up alcohol around
- Spending time with family and friends
- Having a good physical activity to cope up with withdrawal symptoms
- Eating nutritious food & nuts and drinking plenty of water for detoxifying the body
The next step is Homeopathic medication. Homeopathy mainly focuses on individual therapy. Drugs are selected considering the way a person reacts, circumstances, stress and other habits. Actually, Homeopathy works much better in coping up with the withdrawal symptoms. General withdrawal symptoms include sleeplessness, headache, tremors, anxiety, nausea, vomiting and excess sweating. These symptoms can be easily managed with Homoeopathic medication without any other side effects. So, Homeopathic medicine not only removes the craving for alcohol, but also controls the withdrawal symptoms, thereby supporting the patient to come out of that addiction much faster.
Generally, drugs like Nux vomica, Quercus, Staphysagria, kali phos etc. are used. But there are still numerous drugs to choose from in homeopathy as it focusses on individual symptoms.
So, here in Sasi homeopathy we follow Homoeopathic principles to the core and provide a complete package of therapy for de addiction which includes counselling and therapy. Also, we provide a one stop solution for you to come out of this habit safely and successfully.